Mera Maula Maula..
"This is why we were friends, i told her, because when we met, you grabbed hold of my life and then, in exchange, offered me your own" -- The Myth of You and Me by Leah Stewart.
It doesn't take too long for one to let hold of anothers' life. It takes, a little longer than imagined to let go of it.
The friend and her sat in class together. Trying to study, maybe. She was disturbing the class thoroughly, cause that's all that mattered at that moment, maybe. Maybe not. The friend pulled her leg close. She tried to pull it back.
It doesn't take too long for one to let hold of anothers' life. It takes, a little longer than imagined to let go of it.
The friend and her sat in class together. Trying to study, maybe. She was disturbing the class thoroughly, cause that's all that mattered at that moment, maybe. Maybe not. The friend pulled her leg close. She tried to pull it back.
"It's mine."
"Is not, i think its attached to my body"
"Too bad, its mine, deal with it."
"Too bad, its mine, deal with it."
Grinning, she let her leg be close to the friend's. In fact, they both smiled at each other, meaningful. Smiled like they meant it.
The gaze broken, when the teacher called out to her. Nervously, yet witty, she answered the teacher, causing an up roar of laughter in class again. Unknowingly, she pulled up her sleeve, as it begun irritating her. Noticing the lines on her am, the friend gazed at them.
The friend writes on her copy, "What happened to your arm".
Tugging on the sleeve, to pull it back, she replies, "Uh-oh nothing."
"What are those" pulling the sleeve back up.
"It is something, show it to me."
"Let's just say, I don't want to."
'Let's just say I don't care what you want."
"I've hurt myself with a bloade before..."
The friend marked the outlines of the gashes with soft fingers. The friend's smile, mattered abstract, transformed to the most devastated look. It was as if someone had seen and felt death, turning pale. Water plops out of your splendid eyes. She sees the friend's tears' gleam even though they are hiding behind the sleek glasses. She observes the friend's helplessness, vulnerability. How the friend was wishing to know her from before, so she had never had to bear those ugly marks.
She, stunned, pulled off the friend's glasses and wiped the tears with her hands. "Please don't cry."
"How can i not? Why did you go this to yourself?"
"I'll try not to do this again, please don't cry."
"You Promise, you won't do this again?"
"I said, I'll try."
"Swear kero.Please." tears streaming down her flawless, saddened eyes.
"I swear."
The friend, rests your hand on her scars, covering them.
Covers, protects, shelters, her, then.
Now as well, even though the friend's not around.
I love you.
The gaze broken, when the teacher called out to her. Nervously, yet witty, she answered the teacher, causing an up roar of laughter in class again. Unknowingly, she pulled up her sleeve, as it begun irritating her. Noticing the lines on her am, the friend gazed at them.
The friend writes on her copy, "What happened to your arm".
Tugging on the sleeve, to pull it back, she replies, "Uh-oh nothing."
"What are those" pulling the sleeve back up.
"It is something, show it to me."
"Let's just say, I don't want to."
'Let's just say I don't care what you want."
"I've hurt myself with a bloade before..."
The friend marked the outlines of the gashes with soft fingers. The friend's smile, mattered abstract, transformed to the most devastated look. It was as if someone had seen and felt death, turning pale. Water plops out of your splendid eyes. She sees the friend's tears' gleam even though they are hiding behind the sleek glasses. She observes the friend's helplessness, vulnerability. How the friend was wishing to know her from before, so she had never had to bear those ugly marks.
She, stunned, pulled off the friend's glasses and wiped the tears with her hands. "Please don't cry."
"How can i not? Why did you go this to yourself?"
"I'll try not to do this again, please don't cry."
"You Promise, you won't do this again?"
"I said, I'll try."
"Swear kero.Please." tears streaming down her flawless, saddened eyes.
"I swear."
The friend, rests your hand on her scars, covering them.
Covers, protects, shelters, her, then.
Now as well, even though the friend's not around.
I love you.
Comments