Dragonfly.

When you try to forget the dates and yet at the back of mind it lingers like your shadow that lurks in the dark. You know people and fall in love and then for some odd reason you need to let yourself go from that situation. 
I used to be head over heels for you and I tripped so hard. I scraped my face and my tore my heart from my chest to wrap it and gift it to you. I still sometimes stumble when I look into your eyes. But now I know better that even if I see affection for me in your gleaming shiny eyes, I let go of all hope that it's ever in that sense. Cause I'm not anything but nothing. And all you are to me,now, is a piece of writing that you love, and wish that it was I who had written it. 

But I've loved you all along, I choose to show you what you want to see. Not what I feel.


I wanna see you as you are now
Every single day that I am living
Painted in flames, a peeling thunder
Be the lightning in me that strikes relentless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much.

Drafts Four