...aashiyane ki baat kertay ho

You said you wanted to say hi.
Without thinking twice, I replied, hey.

That's how it began. No. The way things began was I saw a person in blue and fell in love. And the way it ended, it ended by me begging you not to leave. But you did anyway. Misdemeanours remain, nothing changes the past. 
We met many times again, always afraid of being vulnerable to the other again; it didn't matter to me. I wanted to be vulnerable to you.

This time that wasn't the case. This time, I let you go. I let you out from my head and my heart. ( I've been told by the lines on my hand that I can't think with only my head; heart and head go together.) A part of you would always have it, you were my first love, or maybe because you loved me the most. 

This is before you said hi.

Let's think about it. When you've burnt every single bridge, when you've cut out every link to a past with a person; then why do they come back or even think about it? Is there something else that they wanted to say or was there something left that was still left to be turned to ashes?
It would make sense a person who doesn't get over things wants to know and keeps coming back but what about the one who cut off the ties.
What's the purpose? Why does it matter if we go with the flow of the wind or the water.
I didn't want to be vulnerable to you. I told you my heart without realising the wind would take us to another cliff where we would fall and become separate as you and me. The same routine we followed whenever we said hello.

If you could just reply on time, I'd never have the need to call you. It is futile, isn't it stranger in blue.
If this is good bye. Then I hope the best for you. I wish you success, happiness and contentment in the ways you define it. If this is good bye, then you would have returned the piece of my heart that belongs to me and there is nothing left for us.

Maybe we will be introduced to each other by someone else, like we had been once before. This time I will be careful not to open my jaw too wide and to look right through you rather than looking at you. I will nod, like strangers do; not like strangers than strangers. I will walk past by you and not turn back or think of texting you.

Love,
M.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a beautiful theme!!!

Popular posts from this blog

How much.

Drafts Four