Cirlces and circles

Tired.

There are too many people in my house. It's an absolute house full. Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandfathers and grandmothers. They've broken the pure little silence I used to belong to. The dum dum of the dholkis and the chhun chhun of the dufli. Annoying, yet the beat liberates a piece of my soul to the surrounding. Voicelessly mouthing the songs, 'cause I don't know the lyrics. Humming instead, just to make the song seem louder. All this noise, all this pollution, but you don't stop existing in me, do you? The synchronization of the dholki and the heart beat, pounding together, only to remind me of you. Let me love you, or just pack your bags from my heart, from my head and go.
I wish you would just call, even if it is to tell me you won't talk to me for a long time. Call me, so I hear the real beat, the real mizraab to my heart.

We danced.
It's funny how much weariness one can handle. Move till the side of your ribs allow no more movement, jump on your feet to the beat, till all there is pain flowing through them like slit wrists.
Dance.
Exhaustion.

Too many people.
Like Neeli Says, Go with the flow yo. It's only six days.
I'll miss my sister.
Sadness.

You.
Love.

Toodles.

Comments

Unknown said…
weddings do have a mysterious air to them...

each wedding brings with it countless approaches and countless encounters... many romantic... others... jus plain interestin

yes... weddins do hav a mysterious air about them... !
Anonymous said…
I can't wait til there's a wedding at my house!
I love dressing up and the buzz of people around me just makes my heart glow.
Zh. said…
there is lonliness in big crowds.
Eminu said…
Sami - Weddings are mysterious occasions.

Hfm -I have been excited about this wedding since ages and now that it's here, it makes me wonder if this was the occasion i was looking for.

Zh - Oh yes. A lot of loneliness. Bigger the Crowd, more the silence. You sit dazed, staring at something, blinkinglessly. Time passes by and you don't even know when you began to sit and think.
Anonymous said…
dholkis are fun :)

and i can't dance :S

Popular posts from this blog

How much.

Drafts Four