This Is Destiny.
That day in 2006, when we all sat together on the roof top of the beige building. Eating plates full of biryani, as though we would never get to sit together and eat rice again. Sadly it was the last time feeling as a single entity, as being ourselves and no barriers of pretence stood between us. It wasn't about how we looked or if we chomped or not, it wasn't about you and me, them and they.
It was about us, all of us. Worrying about how distance might tear us apart, woes of how we didn't want to let go off each other. We never bothered bickering about anyone, because we didn't know anybody else around. We were like infants, not recognising anyone else except the people we saw everyday. We belonged in that fairy story, where there was a witch with her followers and her den and there Was us, the peasants; where the foliage was thick and in the corner was a pond, where orange fish swam.
The forces of evil couldn't even scratch us, but the distance ripped us apart. We became exactly who were afraid of, Them, They, You and Me.
Funny thing is, the evil was what was binding us together.
The day we left, was the day we all changed.
That fairy land, was my school. That evil, white haired witch, was my principal; her followers were my teachers; her den, was her office. Those peasants, were my best friends.
That day in 2009, we all sat together at some restaurant. Eating plates full of fries, as though we would never get to sit together and eat fries again. I was happy all of us were there, I was happy that we could still stand each other's presence; but a thick layer of dark smoke layered my heart, perhaps, because this time could be just our last. S is going. Z is going. A is going. I is going. N is going. And M? M will watch you all leave, one by one.
Can't really tell what I was really sad about, was it because we all left a long time ago or was it because this time it was certain, an end marked by a demarcating line. I can't remember feeling so out of place, at first; and then feeling like this is home.
Reminiscing the times we made the teachers cry and their pronunciation mistakes. Singing old school songs and humming their tune, because we couldn't remember the exact lyrics. Thinking of all the times and reasons we got punished for; at least 3 out of 5 days we were in the den, trying to figure out how to not give out the other's name and simultaneously not getting into further trouble. Driving around in I or Z's car, listening to U2's hit single, with or without you or Oasis - wonderwall.
Different buildings really ruptured us, I wonder what kind of black magic would oceans and land do to us. What incision would it give to 'you and me'?
When we left that building in 2006, I thought of a line that I read in a book.
And I sat there thinking we would know each other forever.
When I walked out of that restaurant, I thought the same.
And now I wonder, Is this destiny?
Comments
like people say.. Don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened.
It always goes two ways.
Average
Life sucks =(
Lonely
I sometimes wish i could just still the moment forever.
Ub.
You don't have to say anything when you dont have anything to say.